Swedish Translation Services in India
Swedish originated from the North Germanic language and is spoken natively by over 9 million people. Most of the Swedish speaking population is concentrated predominantly in Sweden and also in parts of Finland. Swedish enjoys an equal legal standing with Finnish in Finland.
The Swedish language is categorized as a Indo-European language and belongs to the North Germanic segment of Germanic group of languages. Modern Swedish, also known as Nysvenska, is said to have started along with the European reformation and the advent of printing press which resulted in the first publication of The Bible in Swedish under the orders from the new monarch.
Although Swedish is extensively used officially in Sweden, it is only a de facto language and enjoys no official status by law. It is however, an official language of the European Union and a working language at the Nordic council. Modern Swedish has six main dialect groups:
- Norrland dialects
- Finland Swedish
- Svealand dialects
- Gotland dialects
- Götaland dialects
- South Swedish dialects
About Swedish Language
The Swedish business culture is considered calm and reserved. The respect for their personal space and thought process is considered a vital part of the Swedish business etiquettes.
- Use arguments with facts to back them up and refrain from making emotional superlatives.
- Swedes like to come to the point directly with hardly any small talk. It is better to refrain from it while dealing with your Swedish associates.
- Be punctual and in case you can’t, call up and inform and in case required, reschedule your meeting. Arriving before time is also equally inconveniencing for your Swedish counterparts.
- Use of exaggerated speech and gestures is a strict no-no as the Swedish revere Modesty and such extravagances are seen in bad taste.
- Swedes love nature and love to talk about it. It can be an ice breaker to talk about nature and get the conversation going.
- Do not lump Sweden with other countries of the region. Swedes have a high sense of nationalistic pride.
- Avoid sarcasm in your talks as it is seen as rude and arrogant.
- Set an agenda for your meeting beforehand and stick to it.
- Keep your conduct professional and don’t ask any personal questions as this is considered outright rude behavior.
- Swedes are at ease with silence during business negotiations. It is not necessary to feel awkward about the silence and unnecessarily speak.
Since Swedish language can be hard to translate, it is imperative to use services provided by a translation service provider that is experienced and well-versed in Swedish language translations for your business. It is advisable to employ a translation company with global presence and a team of Swedish speakers, who are familiar with the Swedish language specifics and socio-cultural nuances.
A project manager coordinates the Swedish translation process from the beginning of the interaction to end and also allocates to the project the most appropriate Swedish translators based on the context of the translation required. All work done by the Swedish translations is proofread by editors to ensure accuracy.
Lingo Chaps Translation services providing Swedish language solutions in various areas, including:
User Manuals Translation
Manufacturing Translation Services
Subtitling & Captioning Services
Desktop Publishing Translation
How to contact us?
You can contact us 24×7 at +91-9319666453 or email at email@example.com for a quick quote for any type of Swedish to English and English to Swedish Language Services including translation, interpretation, localization, voice-over, sub-titling, Software Localization, Website Localization, Game Localization, Dubbing Services and any other services.
- Translation Services in Delhi
- Translation Services in Noida
- Translation Services in Bangalore
- Translation Services in Hyderabad
- Translation Services in Chennai
- Translation Services in Mumbai
- Translation Services in Pune