Finnish Translation Services in India
Finnish language belongs to the group of Finno-Ugric languages. It spoken predominantly in Finland by around six million people and is also having the recognition of a minority language of Sweden.
Predominantly as a result of the nationalist movement of Finland in the 19th century, Finnish gained the stature of being the national language of the country. Before this the Finnish language was primarily used only for religious services in the region.
In its modern day form, the Finnish is a borrower of words from various languages of the world, with Russian, Finnish, English and German languages. Some of the countries where modern day Finnish is used are:
- Republic of Karelia
- Torne Valley
About Finnish Language
While dealing with Finns it is important to keep in mind that they primarily very reserved people, hence it will be better to refrain from speaking loudly, using excessive hand gestures and showing too much emotion. Finnish etiquettes for business meetings can be quite different from those in the other parts of Europe and the Americas. It will be advantageous to be familiar with their common business etiquettes when dealing with your Finnish counterparts. Few business tips while dealing with your Finnish counterparts are:
- It is possible that you might get invited to Sauna. Please accept this offer as it is common practice to continue business meeting at a sauna on a informal note.
- Finns consider it arrogant and ostentatious to overdress. It is important to appear modest and do not call for undue attention to yourself by loud talk and flamboyance.
- Finns would usually prefer to remain silent in response to small talk. It is better not to indulge in one.
- If you are getting late for a meeting, call up and inform. Also do apologize for the delay when you reach there. Schedules are highly regarded, both start and end times are important. Better to not be late in the first place as it is considered as a sign of ineffectiveness.
- Communicate directly, Finns prefer straight talk.
- Do not interrupt the speaker and wait for your turn to make your points. Also do not expect too many questions from the Finns as they would expect the presentations to be thorough enough so as not to need to ask any.
- Before the meeting, if possible send ahead the agenda of discussion.
- Finland and Sweden continue to maintain between the countries a bitter rivalry. It will be better not to lump the two countries together in your conversations.
- Treat business cards respectfully.
- Address your counterparts with their first name only if invited to do so by them. Else, address them by their surname and full title.
- Time Management
Since Finnish language can be hard to translate, it is imperative to use services provided by a translation service provider that is experienced and well-versed in Finnish language translations for your business. It is advisable to employ a translation company with global presence and a team of Finnish speakers, who are familiar with the Finnish language specifics and socio-cultural nuances.
A project manager coordinates the Finnish translation process from the beginning of the interaction to end and also allocates to the project the most appropriate Finnish translators based on the context of the translation required. All work done by the Finnish translations is proofread by editors to ensure accuracy.
Lingo Chaps Translation services providing Finnish language solutions in various areas, including:
User Manuals Translation
Manufacturing Translation Services
Subtitling & Captioning Services
Desktop Publishing Translation
How to contact us?
You can contact us 24×7 at +91-9319666453 or email at email@example.com for a quick quote for any type of Finnish to English and English to Finnish Language Services including translation, interpretation, localization, voice-over, sub-titling, Software Localization, Website Localization, Game Localization, Dubbing Services and any other services.
- Translation Services in Delhi
- Translation Services in Noida
- Translation Services in Bangalore
- Translation Services in Hyderabad
- Translation Services in Chennai
- Translation Services in Mumbai
- Translation Services in Pune